Church of the Covenant seeks a Child Care Provider!
Our vibrant, creative, and progressive congregation seeks a Child Care Provider to lead childcare for children during Sunday morning activities and during other church activities, as needed. The Child Care Provider must have an understanding and appreciation of children, as well as respect for the faith and inclusive values of our church community.
The primary skill is a passion for nurturing young ones and the ability to creatively and compassionately connect to and work with a variety of children. The position requires a self-starter who is dependable, takes initiative, and is responsible. An ability to communicate well and work respectfully with families, other members of the staff, congregation, and building users is essential.
Provide child care for children:
- Welcome children and their parents
- Provide a warm, safe, welcoming, and creative environment for children
- Serve as the lead caretaker in the nursery (although during the first few weeks you will work closely with an experienced volunteer who will help you get acclimated). Another volunteer caretaker (church member) will likely also be working with you on most Sunday mornings.
- Support the children in their interactions with each other and in solving problems that arise
- Prepare a snack for the children
- Help with diapering and toileting, depending on wishes of family
- Work with parents to help children feel welcome
- Provide child care for other occasions such as church meetings, other services, on an as needed and as available basis
Provide a clean and safe environment for children
- Set up the child care area each week
- Clean child care area each week and take responsibility for cleanliness of toys
- Keep track of supplies and alert the Children and Youth Christian Education Committee of any needed supplies so they can replenish them.
- Set up and take down the Godly Play classroom/s each week
- Report any problems to the liaison from the Children and Youth Christian Education committee or the Pastoral Associate immediately
- Follow the guidelines of the Child Safety policy
Conditions of Job:
- Sunday mornings (usually from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm in September-June and 3 hours per Sunday in summer season, as negotiated).
- Occasional other worship services or events, as negotiated
Review and Reporting:
Overall accountability is to the Associate Pastor and the chair of the Children and Youth Christian Education Committee. A liaison will be named from the Personnel committee as an additional resource.
- Because this job depends on reliable presence every Sunday, in the event of an absence, please contact supervisor(s) at least two week in advance so a substitute can be arranged. No more than 5 absences is permissible per year.
- Associates Degree/Certificate in Child Care or two or more years of experience in child care
- Certified in Pediatric First Aid/CPR
- CORI clearable
- Salary: $15-20/hour based on experience, paid on an hourly basis, not to exceed the yearly budget approved by the Corporation
- Social Security
Associate Pastor and chair of the Children and Youth Christian Education Committee
Please email Rev. Julie Avis Rogers a letter of interest and a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 617-266-7480 ext. 202.